Looking for an internship this summer? How about working for Lebron James?
Lebron’s official website LebronJames.com is hiring interns who are interested in online content management and digital sports marketing.
No, you won’t get to travel with Lebron James and help him lace up his sneakers. But you could have an opportunity to participate in a VERY high profile internship.
This could be the opportunity that propels your resume to the top of the stack for the jobs you apply for after graduation. This is the sort of opportunity that helps you stand out from a crowd. This could be the beginning of an exciting career in sports marketing, online marketing, or anything else you would like to do.
Here are the details from Lebron’s website:
[box] LeBronJames.com has internship openings for students who have an interest in online content development and digital sports marketing. The program runs through the spring, summer, and fall semesters. Candidates must be available at least 10 hours a week.
– Maintaining basketball and technology industry dossiers
– Researching trends and advancements in the technology & sports space
– Assisting the content development team with updating LeBronJames.com
– Communicating and interacting with LeBron fans around the world
– Must currently attend college or a four year university.
– Access to a computer & phone
– Works well in a team setting and takes direction
– Strong communication skills and work ethic
– Has a strong urge to learn and improve
– Demonstrates a strong knowledge of basketball and technology trends
– Proficient with creating spreadsheets and detailed reports (Word/Excel)
– Familiarity with leading social media and blogging platforms (i.e. WordPress, Tumblr, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter)
– Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign)
Desired Qualifications: – Residing in Ohio, South Florida, or New York
– Basic knowledge of XHTML/CSS
– Experience in journalism, marketing, or communications
– Basic knowledge of photography or videography
– Spanish fluency
How to Apply: Apply by submitting your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (500 word minimum) explaining why you are “The perfect person for the internship” to opportunities[at]lebronjames.com. Applicants granted interviews must provide documentation showing they are currently enrolled in school. All entries should be submitted as a Word document or rich text format (.rtf). Do not call, tweet or send us messages on Facebook!
Deadline: We will not consider any applicants after Tuesday, June 4th at 10am ET.[/box]
I will admit, I am actually fairly impressed with this opportunity. Lebron James wants folks with Spanish fluency and knowledge of CSS and Adobe Creative! This is legit. He has required high level skills for the intern positions, and I imagine they will have the opportunity to work on some real projects. Not to mention rub elbows with some very influential people.
If I was still in college, I would most certainly be applying for this internship opprtunity.
If you are looking for an internship, this could be just the opportunity for you!