Scholarship of the Day: South Carolina Federal Credit Union
Award: Up to $4000
Deadline: March 15, 2012
The South Carolina Federal Credit Union Scholarship is available to students residing in South Carolina. You must have a minimum 3.0 GPA to be eligible for this award. You must also submit a short essay, or a maximum two – minute video on the following topic: “The Credit Union philosophy is ‘People Helping People.’ Describe how this philosophy has impacted your life.”
How to Apply:
Submit an application (found at www.YoungFreeSC.com)
- Application to include a current photo of yourself and a short essay (500 words or less) OR a video no longer than 2 minutes on the following topic:
– The Credit Union philosophy is “People Helping People.” Describe how this philosophy has impacted your life.
You will be required to supply the following supporting documentation to complete your application.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor at your current school
- Transcript from current school.
Awards Available: 3
Scholarships may be applied for by:
- a member of South Carolina Federal Credit Union in good standing.
- a non-member who resides in South Carolina U.S. citizens and residents of SC at the time of application.
- students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and in good standing with current school.
- students planning to attend a full-time accredited two-year degree program; an accredited two-year program leading to a four-year undergraduate degree or an accredited four-year institution (undergraduate program).
- Previous winners eligible, but a new application and essay/video must be submitted.
All decisions made by South Carolina Federal will be final. A panel will be selected consisting of both credit union employees and volunteers at the full discretion of South Carolina Federal. Applications will be judged impartially and anonymously following a documented process as determined by South Carolina Federal.
Recipients will be verified and then contacted by a South Carolina Federal representative by telephone and/or email or certified mail and asked to respond within a specified period of time. A recipient must respond to the written communication by the deadline stated within that communication. The credit union is under no obligation to contact applicants a second time if response is not made within the stated deadline and they will be disqualified and another winner chosen. The initial selected disqualified potential winner(s) will have no recourse towards South Carolina Federal Credit Union. The winners will then be announced publicly by April 30, 2012.
- The scholarship recipients will receive proceeds for the Fall Semester 2012.
- A check will be issued directly to the financial aid office at the educational institution once the Credit Union has been notified that registration has been completed (made payable to the institution for the benefit of the recipient). Students must show proof that they are registered for at least 12 credits during the Fall 2012 semester (a letter of acceptance is adequate at time of application, verification of schedules will be done at the time of disbursement).